St. Luke United Methodist Church, located at 2351 Alumni Dr., in Lexington, Kentucky is seeking a person to direct the youth ministry for a congregation of approximately 1300 members. The successful applicant should have a calling to work with youth from 6th grade through 12th grade, a passion to engage youth and their families in the ministries of the church, skill in working with and building a vital Youth Leadership team, and a heart for ministry in a large church setting. If interested in being considered for this position, please send a resume or a statement outlining your experience working with youth (with particular focus on your church experiences), and a letter sharing some of your personal journey and why you feel called to serve in youth ministry to Brian Ebel at email@example.com or to St. Luke United Methodist Church, 2351 Alumni Dr., Lexington, Kentucky 40517.
JOB TITLE: Youth Pastor
STATUS: Part Time (20 Hours Per Week + One Week During the Summer)
Goal Statement: It shall be the responsibility of the Youth Minister to:1. Direct and oversee a Comprehensive Ministry to All Youth (grades 6-12) and their families who are part of the St. Luke United Methodist Church Family; 2. Develop and maintain an outreach to youth in the Lexington/Fayette County community; 3. Work with the Youth Ministry Team (currently made up of youth counselors, parents, and youth) in the development, planning, and implementation of a comprehensive ministry to youth.
Necessary Qualities for the Minister to Youth:
- A vitalized relationship with Jesus Christ
- A heart for leading + nurturing youth into a relationship with Jesus Christ
- A good knowledge of Scripture and the ability to teach and model scriptural principles
- A good knowledge of United Methodist theology and practice
- A pastoral heart to minister to the complex needs of youth and their families
- A heart for mission and service
- Skill in building teams to develop, plan, and implement ministries to the youth
- The ability to help young people build relationships with each other
- A desire to integrate youth into the vision + ministry of the church
- Plan, lead, and execute weekly youth group meetings on Sunday evenings
- Plan, lead, and execute weekly youth classes on Wednesday evenings during the school year at our Wednesday.comm night
- Plan, lead, and execute one social outing per month to be held either Friday evenings or Saturday
- Plan, lead, and execute three major overnight events: fall retreat, winter lock-in, spring mission
- Plan, lead, and execute a one week Summer Trip to Student Life Camp
- Direct and lead the Youth Ministry Team
The Minister of youth shall be accountable to: The Youth Leadership Team, The Staff Parish Relations Team, The Director of Student Ministries, and the Senior Pastor.