We are assembling cleaning buckets for UMCOR Hurricane Matthew relief efforts. You can find a list of needed items below.Drop-off items in the Connection Center. Please drop-off only the items on the list. Cash donations are also welcomed. Please make out a check to St. Luke UMC and put “Hurricane Relief” in the memo line.
- Please return items to Connection Center.
- Please drop-off only the items on the list.
- You do not have to put a complete cleaning bucket but that is always a welcomed option.
- Cash donations are also welcomed. Please make out a check to St. Luke UMC and put “Hurricane Relief” in the memo line.
Cleaning Bucket Materials
5-gallon bucket with resealable lid
Buckets from fast-food restaurants or bakeries can be used if washed and cleaned;
Do not use buckets that have stored chemicals such as paint or pool cleaner;
Advertisements on the outside are acceptable.
Liquid laundry detergent
One 50-oz. or two 25-oz. bottle(s) only.
Liquid household cleaner
12‐16 oz. liquid cleaner that can be mixed with water;
No spray cleaners.
16‐28 oz. bottle any brand.
1 can air freshener
Aerosol or pump.
1 insect repellant spray
6‐14 oz. aerosol or spray pump with protective cover.
1 scrub brush
Plastic or wooden handle.
18 cleaning wipes
Handi Wipes or reusable wipes;
No terry cleaning towels;
Remove from packaging.
No cellulose sponges due to mold issues;
Remove from wrapper.
5 scouring pads
Remove from wrapper;
No stainless steel, Brillo pads, or SOS pads (nothing with soap built in).
One 100-ft. or two 50-ft. lines;
Cotton or plastic.
24-roll heavy-duty trash bags
33‐ to 45-gallon sizes;
Remove from the box.
5 dust masks
2 pairs kitchen dishwashing gloves
Should be durable enough for multiple uses;
Remove from packaging.
1 pair work gloves
Cotton with leather palm or all leather.
- All items must be new except for the actual bucket and lid.
- All cleaning agents must be liquid and in plastic containers. No powders, please.
- If you cannot find the requested size of a liquid item, use a smaller size. Including larger sizes of any item will prevent the lid from sealing.
- If all of the items on the list are not included, please put a label on the bucket indicating what has been omitted.
- Cleaning buckets are only used within the United States. They are not opened to verify the contents unless there is indication that some items have been omitted.
Place all liquid items in the bucket first. Place remaining items in the bucket, fitting them around and between the liquid items. Sponges, scouring pads, clothespins, and trash bags can be separated in order to fit all of the items in the bucket. Ensure the lid is closed securely.