UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief) is currently working with disaster coordinators and early response teams to provide relief to the many people whose lives have been impacted by hurricane/tropical storm Harvey. We will continue to update this page and UMCOR social media as we receive new information. Please note that 100% of your gift will go directly to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey.
5 Things You Can Do
1. Please continue to pray for those whose lives have been impacted by hurricane/tropical storm Harvey. Please also pray for the Early Response Teams, disaster coordinators, and many volunteers in The Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, Louisiana Conference of The United Methodist Church, Río Texas Conference of The United Methodist Church and Central Texas Conference who are working tirelessly to provide relief after Harvey.
2. Make and donate cleaning bucket and hygiene kits. List of needed items can be found here: Cleaning Bucket List or Hygiene Kit list. Lists can also be picked up in the Connection Center. St. Luke is a drop off site and you can drop-off items in the Connection Center anytime before September 11.
3. Give to UMCOR’s relief and recovery efforts: Make your checks out to St. Luke or give online and put “UMCOR #901670” in the memo line. 100% of your gift will go directly to help with Hurricane Harvey relief efforts.
4. Donate only those items requested.
5. Please wait for an invitation from UMCOR to volunteer if you so choose.
UMCOR – United Methodist Committee On Relief is grateful for your relentless prayers and support.