Message: Things Aren’t Always What They Seem
Luke 16: 1-13
- The best stories, T.V. show and movies are ones that have an unexpected ___________.
- These kind of stories teach us that things aren’t always what they _________
- We Shouldn’t Get Hung Up On The Dishonesty Of The Manager
- The manager represented a common character in Jewish Folklore – the clever __________ who earns pardon through shrewd action.
- The story follows the stories of the lost sheep, lost coin and prodigal son which are stories of people not ___________ as expected.
- Jesus stories are often about people facing crisis and _________ and rising above it.
- This Story Call Us To A Different Reaction To Adversity.
- People of faith need to grab hold of the ________, no matter how hopeless it might look.
- God’s grace makes all things ______________.
- God Is Faithful Over The Small Things In Life As Well As The Big Ones
- God wants our every _____________.
- In the church we can become so _____________ by the conditions around us that we become convinced that we can’t make a real _______________.
- We Overcome Adversity By The Grace Of God.
- What the world means for evil becomes a blessing through the love and _________ of God.
Week’s Spiritual Exercises:
- Begin a Prayer Journal
- Are you facing some adversity in your life? Have you spent time in prayer about it?
- Who are the shrewd managers in your life? How will you tell them the story of God’s grace this week?
SIMPLE PRAYER JOURNAL
My Prayer Concerns: _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(Add the persons on either side of you in the Pew to your list of concerns)
Today I Prayed For:
Monday: The Lost (Read Luke 15:1-7)
Tuesday: The Displaced (Read Luke 15: 8-10)
Wednesday: The Prodigals (Read Luke 15: 11-24)
Thursday: The Self Righteous (Read Luke 15: 25-32)
Friday: Sinners (Luke 18:9-14)
Saturday: Read again Luke 18:9-14. This is the story we will be hearing this Sunday. What questions do you have after reading it?
June 21: The Pharisee and The Tax Collector
June 28: The Story Of The Sower
July 5: The Story of the Weeds
July 12: The Story of the Pearl
July 19: The Story Of The Net
July 26: Asking and Giving