Jesus Christ in Every Life
Our Mission: We exist to know, love, worship, and follow God and to make Him known to others.
How will we get there?
As followers of Jesus Christ, we identify with the nine values below:
- We value the Bible as our foundation of Truth
- We value prayer as a gift of God’s grace, a discipline to be cultivated, and absolutely essential for spiritual growth.
- We value demonstrating Christ’s love by building relationships and serving others
- We value the importance of worshipping God
- We value intentional spiritual growth into Christ-likeness
- We value taking risks and expecting change as the Holy Spirit directs
- We value each person as having infinite worth
- We value excellence in all we do in order to honor God
- We value the responsibility of each believer to introduce others to Christ
How will our leaders lead?
By means of…
- Trusted team leadership
- A system of order with integrity
- Measurement and accountability standards that honor gifts and encourage excellence
- Clear standards of communication
- Obedience through active response to the Spirit of God
This brief look at the history of St. Luke serves as a reminder that God has a plan for this church. With God’s purpose as our vision, we can be a light for the community and an agent of healing in a hurting world.
What we believe
We hold to the statements of faith found in the Apostle’s Creed as well as those in the United Methodist Book of Discipline. We are called to be faithful followers of Jesus Christ and to be a vibrant and vital church to draw others to Him, following the great commission of Matthew 28:19.
What we do
We want people to be involved in community. Our recently-completed life center was built to help us better serve our community. We have many opportunities for people to get involved, such as Sunday School classes, children’s programs, and many unique ministries.
We offer multiple worship services at St. Luke. On Sundays, our first, at 8:30 a.m., is a traditional service with old familiar hymns and liturgy. Our second and third services, at 9:45 and 11:10, have a blended style utilizing both elements of traditional and contemporary worship. Our Sunday afternoon service at 3 p.m. is a multicultural worship service.